Well Arts Institute partners with area organizations to offer writing for theatre workshops.
We provide workshop facilitators, financial and logistical support. We hire directors, actors, designers and technical crew to produce staged readings. Partners are required to help with publicity, volunteer support, and additional financial and logistical support. We work diligently to make sure the experience of the participants is a safe, yet challenging experience.
Our current programs include Voices of Our Elders, Beautiful Minds, Returning Heroes, and Soldiers of Our Hearts. We are always eager to explore new project ideas.
Could your organization benefit from a Well Arts Institute workshop?
We would love to hear from you! Our board considers new partnerships every January for the upcoming season.
In order to begin the process:
- Call our Artistic Director, Katy Liljeholm, at 503-459-4500 or email her by clicking here.
- Katy will set up a meeting with you to give you more information about the kinds of programs we do, and to discuss your needs and ideas.
- We’ll ask you to fill out a Partnership Assessment after the meeting, outlining what your goals are for the clients of your organization participating in the project and what needs we’re filling for them, together!
- If/when the board approves the partnership, the facilitator will sit down with you and create a Program Plan that includes basic approach, as well as marketing and fundraising plans and timelines.
- Then we’ll enact the plan! And voila, a show will be born!